Here are some bus safety tips:
You can help prevent injury by following these safety tips:
- Stay back from the curb until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Cross the street behind the bus. This helps you to see, and be seen by other motorists.
- Do not walk between two stopped buses. The buses sometimes roll back slightly when the brakes are released.
- When driving another vehicle, do not pass a stopped bus unless you are in a passing zone.
- If you ride a bicycle, skateboard, or roller blades, don’t hang on to the rear of the bus or follow too closely. The bus may stop unexpectedly.
Your driver is a fully-trained, professional bus operator. For your safety and that of others, thank you for observing the following:
- Be ready to get on or off the bus when it stops. Drivers are instructed not to open the doors again once they begin to re-enter traffic.
- Drivers are instructed to load and unload at bus stops only.
- If standing, please move to the center of the bus. Drivers are instructed not to move the bus with people standing in unsafe locations on the bus.
- To prevent injury to yourself or others, if you are traveling with a stroller or other wheeled device, be sure to lock the wheels or maintain control of your property while the bus is in motion.